The Dream

I've been having a recurring dream the past several months and I would really like to know what it means. In my dream, I'm entering an out of the way part of our basement. All of a sudden I realize that my pet birds, Cuckoo and Coconut are still in the basement and haven't been cared for. Sometimes it's our lizards, Ole and Lena, in my dream and they're the ones being neglected. I don't have either the birds or the lizards anymore. Once I realize that my pets are down there I get a sinking feeling that they must be dead by now as they haven't had food or water in months. I approach their cage to find them a bit haggard but still alive. I think I've had this dream 5 times in the last few months. My obvious thought is that there is something or someone in my life I've been neglecting but I can't put my finger on it. The scary part is that I don't realize the neglect until it's nearly too late. So I take an inventory of what is important to me to try and see if there is something I'm overlooking but so far I haven't found it. Maybe it's Mom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Crowder Concert, NWA188 and Photo Review

Riding, Retirement and a Home Revisited

A Tragic Loss