Mike Maughan

Man, I've been ignoring my blog. Anyway, I've been coasting on autopilot for a while as I try and avoid the mid-winter blues.

Tammy had a large party planned for a dozen or more friends from work last Friday but 7 inches of snow put the brakes on that. She may try again for this Friday but it will only be for a few friends.

For several years I've been trying to locate a friend of mine from my Navy days, and tonight I finally got a hit. Here's Mike from a photo taken on our '76 Westpac cruise. And to the left is a more recent photo of him I turned up tonight. A Google search found his photo and email address. He's now a Major in the Army from what little information I could find. I sent him an email so hopefully, he'll find it tomorrow and get back to me. We were very good friends way back when. We used to cruise around San Diego in his Toyota in the mid to late '70s. He was such an easy-going guy and a hoot to hang around with. I'm not quite sure how we lost touch with one another.

I sent out an email to the rest of my Navy buds to let them know I've more or less located him. I won't be able to know for sure until I hear back from him.

Allie had to have 3 teeth removed today and a small fleshy growth on top of her head as well. She's doing okay but I've got a feeling her next trip to the vet will have a reluctance she hasn't had before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Crowder Concert, NWA188 and Photo Review

Riding, Retirement and a Home Revisited

A Tragic Loss