It's Been Nice

It's been a nice month off. I phoned work today to let them know that I'm no longer on Prednisone and that I'm experiencing no headaches. I just got a phone call from the front office to tell me that I've got my medical back and I can return to work. Actually, I'm ready to go back. It's been nice sleeping in every morning until the pups lick me awake but it will also be nice to get back to my routine. I do like my job and I'm very blessed to have it although there have been some recent changes at work which will take some getting used to. No more reading material on the midnight shifts to keep you awake when traffic is light. Business-casual dress even though we have no contact with the public. Salary capped for the foreseeable future. I'm still okay as I really can't complain. Sure, I'd like to see the steady raises we've enjoyed year after year continue but they pay me quite a bit to do what I do. As I'm typing this I got a call from my boss at work to tell me he was looking forward to seeing me on Sunday and did I know about the new dress code. Yep...I know all about it...see you then.

My mother doesn't care if she ever talks with me again. That's the latest I'm hearing that she said about me. Hmmm. It shouldn't be this difficult to do the right thing but apparently, it is. My relationship with my mom is possibly forever tarnished and I'd venture to say that it is over between my older sister, Claudia, and I. I'm very much okay with that as she has been a continual source of stress in our family for the longest time. I have a hunch my older brother Bryan falls into the tarnished category although it could be years before either of us resurrects anything between us. We've all got a bit of stubborn Irish blood in us and it will no doubt come into play now. I stood up for my cousin when she was verbally assaulted by Claudia and for that, I suffer my family's wrath. How small of them. I have the hardest time understanding where they get off thinking this is the right thing to do. I suppose so long as I try and make sense of it I will be frustrated because there is no making sense of any of it. Oh, and on top of all of this, I hear today that the only reason Tammy is agreeing with me is because I'm her bread and butter and she will say nothing which would go against me. What an insult to Tammy. The only question I have is did my mother come up with that on her own or did Claudia help her out?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Crowder Concert, NWA188 and Photo Review

Riding, Retirement and a Home Revisited

A Tragic Loss