Father's Day, flying the nest and Love 105

I had to work today (Father's Day) so Tammy, Rachel and I went out for dinner Friday night. We called ahead to Outback Steakhouse and got our name on the list to shorten our wait for a table. I don't think we've ever been disappointed with our food or service there.

Tammy had asked me what I wanted for Father's Day and my reply was 'a chamois' for cleaning our cars. She gave me a funny look but I told her that I could really use a new one and that I'd be happy if that's what she got me. Anyway, sitting at the restaurant she brought out a couple of gift bags for me to open. Inside the first bag, I found a sweet new camera. We were browsing cameras a couple of weeks ago at the evil BestBuy but I wasn't very intent on buying anything...at least not from them. (It's a bit of a story and can be found here) The camera she bought me is much nicer than those I was considering at BB. It's a Panasonic Lumix They also bought some accessories to go with it including a 1gb memory card. Needless to say, I was very surprised and pleased with the gift. To top it off she told me she got it at Ultimate Electronics and not BestBuy. I haven't had much time to play with it yet but managed to snap this yesterday morning.

We've got a family of Wrens living in the birdhouse in our front garden. The little ones have been chirping quite a lot and poking their heads out the entrance. If they didn't already leave yesterday I'm pretty sure they'll be gone today or tomorrow. I captured this video of them last week. I suppose I could take a chance and set the camera up for a couple of hours today with hopes of catching the little ones in the process of leaving the nest but that's truly a long shot.

Lately, I've been listening to a reformatted radio station, Love 105. They went from alternative rock to a '60s - '70s format. Stations have come and gone playing similar music but these guys are doing it right in that they're playing some of the more obscure stuff. It's odd hearing some of these songs in an FM format as I'd previously only heard them through my old AM clock radio or the AM radio in the car. It would be fun to hear them the way I used to—stripped-down and tinny from a piece of crap speaker.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Crowder Concert, NWA188 and Photo Review

Riding, Retirement and a Home Revisited

A Tragic Loss