No More Mids and Rachel's Latest Dance Recital

It seems like forever that I've worked a schedule where my last shift of the week was an all-night shift. That's about to change. We're bidding our schedules for next year and I've opted for different days off and no more mid-shift. I think my body is liking this already. They've been changing work rules in the FAA and we're no longer allowed to read materials at the sector on the midnight shift. That's a very ridiculous thing to do as a person needs to have something to occupy their mind when traffic is slow and a lack of sleep begins to overwhelm you. Anyway, for the past several months my body has been telling me that it's time to give the all-night shift up. Several guys who have already done so told me that I'll be much happier to not be working it.

Our mouse total stands at 8 kills and no more signs of the critters for several days. Tammy is sleeping better and so am I as we didn't need to bring in an exterminator.

I had to take my laptop back into BestBuy after getting it back last week as the TV tuner wasn't working. I was hoping to record some programs at home to watch on my breaks at work. The folks at BB tried to get it working but they had no luck either. It's still under warranty for another couple weeks.

Rachel had a dance recital last Saturday with her kick-line team from school. She did great.

My riding is winding down now that I'm back at work full time. It would be great to get to 8000 miles before the end of the year but I'm not sure I'll make it. I'm sitting at just over 7200 miles with a solid 4 weeks of riding left but a lack of daylight hours in my schedule. It's okay if I don't make it as I've had a good run this year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Crowder Concert, NWA188 and Photo Review

Riding, Retirement and a Home Revisited

A Tragic Loss