Thank God

I got my medical back at 1:20 this afternoon. The whole area gave me a round of applause when they told me I had my medical back. I'm very thankful to God for this happening. I'm a bit rusty in the sector but I'm hoping that after a few days I'm back to my old level of proficiency again. Tammy will be happy to hear the news. I spoke with my union rep, Rob, about the approach we'll take when and if the headaches return. We'd like to keep from having to go through the regional flight surgeon and having my medical pulled on that level. We're hoping we can manage the issue within our facility in the future.

My uncle, Elvin, died yesterday morning at the age of 87. He left behind a trail of broken lives from the sexual abuse he visited upon so many young girls. He was always my favorite uncle before we discovered his problem. Of all the adults in my life while I was growing up I'd consider him to be the least threatening. How ironic. Fortunately for me, his fascination wasn't with young boys.

I have an older sister whose life has been a shambles the past 6 years or so. I'm a bit conflicted by the reasons why though. She never made an issue of the abuse until she was in her mid-40s when she lost her job. All of a sudden Elvin became the reason for all of her failings. I don't doubt that the fondling Elvin did leave a lasting impression on her and who am I to say that the problems she's encountering now aren't a result of what he did to her. I just don't know. The other part of me thinks he's a convenient scapegoat for her problems. I'll never know.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Crowder Concert, NWA188 and Photo Review

Riding, Retirement and a Home Revisited

A Tragic Loss