September 3rd, An Important Day of Remembrance for Me

Yesterday was the anniversary of an important day for me. September 3rd, 2015 was easily the most significant day of my life. It was the day my mother died, the day the hearing in my left ear returned, and the day I retired. 

The past 7 years have flown by at a disturbingly fast pace, leaving me with an anxious feeling about what that means for my remaining years and how they will fly by at an even faster clip. I know it's why I stay as active as I do, trying to get the most from every day given to me. Now more than ever, I cherish my life and its countless blessings and the life lessons I've learned along the way.

August 29th, 2022 will be another memorable day for me going forward but for a much lesser reason than those mentioned above. It was the day I carded my first ace while golfing! I was with Steve last year when he scored a hole-in-one on the 173-yard, 6th hole at Bellwood Oaks in Hastings. I recall how I seemed to be more excited for him than he was for what he'd just done. Now I understand why. There's a stunning feeling of disbelief as you watch from the tee as your ball rolls up toward the hole and disappears inside it. Steve and I traded places last Monday afternoon as he celebrated my achievement while I stood stunned. I captured the moment in a post on Facebook: "Prior to today, the highlight of my summer was golfing with my daughter two weeks ago. I bested that today with an ace on the 177-yard, 13th hole at Legacy Golf Course in Faribault using a 6-iron into a brisk quartering headwind. Lucky shot! I've retired the golf ball!" 

I may golf a thousand more rounds and never score another but I'm happy for having done it once. 

Tammy has been working overtime in preparation for Rachel and Drew's wedding reception party next weekend. They were married last September 12th but due to the pandemic, opted to have their reception one year later when they felt it would be safer to host a large gathering. The long-range forecast is as nice as we could hope for. Here's hoping it holds up!

That's all I've got.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Crowder Concert, NWA188 and Photo Review

Riding, Retirement and a Home Revisited

A Tragic Loss