Happy Holidays!

Charlie says Happy Holidays! 

I still have some gifts to wrap but other than that, my work is done for this holiday season. 

We had a gathering of family over on Saturday and enjoyed our time together. Rachel, Drew, Jenny, and PJ came over early to cheer on the Vikings in what was looking like a route after the 1st half with the Vikings down 33-0 at the half. The way they were playing, I gave them a 0% chance of coming from behind to win it. But we kept watching, and steadily they kept closing the gap to win it in overtime! Neither Tammy nor I are football fans but we both found ourselves getting caught up in the moment when the Vikings did the near impossible. It was the largest come-from-behind win ever in professional football. Fun stuff!

Later, we danced!

Before I forget: I'm no longer on Twitter. I canceled my account yesterday. I've seen enough. 

I had this text conversation with a friend a few nights ago: 

Steve: I’ll trade you a Trump ‘wrestler’ for a Trump ‘golfer’. 

Me: But I really need the Trump ‘astronaut’. Any chance you have that one?? 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

Steve: The Space Force one? 

Me: Yes, duh! 

Steve: I don’t have the Space Force card. I do have the ‘inmate picking up soap’ card. 

Me: Ha! I didn’t realize they had released that one already! They’re great stocking stuffers! 

Steve: Yes, and a bargain @ $99.99…still under a hundo! The man has no shame! 

Me: None. It’s not within him. 

Honest Trump Cards

Lakeville has a new indoor golf simulator that I've had the opportunity to play twice. It's called Lakeville Links and it's located just 5 minutes from home. I like it. I hope to schedule an hour or two a few times a month to keep my swing in form for when the courses open next spring. It's unlike any other simulator I've played before in that the platform you stand on tilts to give you the feel of the kind of lie your ball would have in real life. Here's the platform in a neutral position and here it is in a downhill-lie position. Look a little closer at the photos and you can see the varying types of grass/sand you place your ball on to hit out of. The dark and light green striped grass represents fairway grass. To the right of that, you'll see two types of long grass which represent the rough if your ball lands off the fairway. The white material represents a fairway bunker while the brown material represents a greenside bunker. For your initial tee shot for each hole, the ball pops up already on the tee at a predetermined height (set by the golfer). I like that. 

Putting takes some getting used to but once you figure it out, it's okay.  

The only drawback, at least for me, is that it's a little dark inside, giving me the feeling that I'm playing golf with the ambient light that remains after the sun has set 20 minutes earlier. Hopefully, I'll get used to it, and hopefully, I'll not develop any bad habits along the way that won't transfer well to the real world. My score while playing on the simulator is less important to me than the ability to hit some balls during the off-season. Plus, it's fun.

There's a videographer whose cycling videos I can't get enough of. His name is Ryan Van Duzer. Here's a link to his channel. His passion is something called bikepacking, where he takes multi-day trips on his bike and puts together videos of his adventures. His use of a drone is what really captures my imagination as a drone is still on my wishlist for use someday with my own videos. Take a look below at one of his recent uploads, then stay for mine. 🙂

Wishes for a happy and fun-filled holiday season!

That's all I've got.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Crowder Concert, NWA188 and Photo Review

Riding, Retirement and a Home Revisited

A Tragic Loss