Life Goes On...For Us

I came into work last Sunday afternoon to learn that a fellow controller who retired last year died of a heart attack on Thursday. It really caused me to pause. Scott Clark was such a nice guy. He was 50. I wasn't a close friend of Scott's but we spent many hours in the break room laughing and passing along whatever gossip there was. On my way out of the control room tonight I noticed his obituary on the supe's desk. I had no idea he was a semi-pro tennis player or that he was invited to try out for the junior Olympic ski team in the '70s. He was also a fine controller in addition to being one of the good guys. It was nice knowing you, Scott. Another friend at work had his last day today—Dave Proehl. I hope he's able to enjoy his retirement for many years to come.

I'm working my last all night shift and will begin my new schedule next week. I used to enjoy finishing out my week on this shift but my body has been rebelling the past few months. I needed a change so I'll give the new schedule a try for the next year and see how it goes. I can always go back to what I used to work if this isn't what I hoped it would be.

Tammy and I are a bit behind the rest of you who watch, 24, but we're intent on catching up. We're into the 9th hour of season 1 and so far we're enjoying the ride. I'm terrible at figuring out what's going to happen next while she's always a few steps ahead. I really think she could write this stuff as she always knows what's going to happen, so much so that I have to tell her not to tell me what she's thinking 'cause she'll give it away.

Tammy and Rachel got me a Homer Simpson Chia Pet for Christmas. It's just now beginning to sprout. Each Christmas Tammy and Rachel give me something Simpsons and this year was no different. I can't say that I've always wanted one but now that I have it I'll make the best of it. I've been making certain to water it twice daily so the little sprouts grow to a full head of hair. It should be interesting to see what Homer looks like with hair. I'll post follow up photos.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Crowder Concert, NWA188 and Photo Review

Riding, Retirement and a Home Revisited

A Tragic Loss