Spring has Sprung and When Trouble Comes

I spent the better part of a day recently going through my collection of stained glass and sorting it by colors while cleaning off the dust from pieces that haven't been handled in years. I threw away quite a lot as well—some opaques that I'll never use. I'm really liking the way I have it organized because if nothing else, we Virgos are all about organization. It's so much easier to find what I'm looking for.

Now that my shop is as clean as it's been in a while, I think I'm done working in my glass studio until next winter. Spring has most definitely arrived and my focus has turned to outdoor interests. I managed to do this sun-catcher last week before turning out the lights. When I first began making my Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired sun-catchers 25+ years ago, this was the first design I came up with. I've replicated it numerous times over the years.

I've been out on my Orbea mountain bike a few times in the past week. It's nice to finally get it on the trails. It's everything I could hope for in a mountain bike; relatively lightweight and responsive—plus, it's one sexy-looking bike! I'm fortunate to have found it when I did because bikes are in such short supply now with supply lines having been disrupted due to the pandemic. I stopped by Erik's Bike Shop recently and while I was there I snapped this photo of their sparsely stocked bike racks. A sign of the times.

I purchased a new bike rack for my car and I'm quite pleased with it. I wanted something that wasn't going to rub against my bikes' frames the way my last bike rack would. It only holds a single bike but that's what I wanted because for 99.9% of my rides that's all I need. I especially like its small profile when it's not in use. Plus, I'm able to tilt the rack away from the car and access the rear hatch of my Forrester if necessary. I listed my other rack on Facebook's Marketplace and had no trouble finding a new home for it. The price was right: free!

Clay Fulton is a friend we met through Rachel and Drew. Clay and Drew played in a band together for years and now Clay has ventured off in another direction. He just released an album of new material called When Trouble Comes. I'm liking it a lot. It can be found on all of the popular music streaming platforms—here's a link to it on Spotify. Give it a listen if you're so inclined. I especially like Call My Bluff; Ain't It True; Walls Of St. Paul; Ballad In Drop D, and American Folk Song. 

 

Drew is playing a set in Rochester in a couple of weeks as is Clay with his band. We plan to be there to see them. I'll be one week into my 2nd Moderna vaccine by that time so I'm feeling fine about mingling with others. 

That's all I've got.
 

Comments

Sherry said…
You THREW OUT stained glass instead of giving to your friend 😩
Kevin Gilmore said…
I'm sorry, Sherry. They were some really dark colors that were taking up space. I should've contacted you.
Sherry said…
Just joshing with you, I have enough glass to last two lifetimes

Popular posts from this blog

David Crowder Concert, NWA188 and Photo Review

Riding, Retirement and a Home Revisited

A Tragic Loss